Wednesday, December 09, 2009

I Really, REALLY, Got My Snow!








Wow. We had one heckuva storm yesterday. It snowed all day and then the wind started blowing last night. As a result, we got lots of snow and lots of great big drifts. These are the views from my apartment after they plowed. The poor guy in the last two pics really had to dig out his car. As I type this, he's still not done digging.

Hardly anyone could make it into work today and I didn't want to chance it since I now drive a car and not my beloved Jeep Liberty, so daughter and I are staying home today. She didn't have school yesterday, either, so it's been a nice vacation for her.

On tap for today? Maybe a cup of warm cocoa, a book, and my laptop. I got some writing done last night as the wind was howling and I'm thinking today is the perfect day to keep up the momentum.


12 comments:

  1. That sounds fantastic. Enjoy! I'm home too, but have to slave away at the work projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow looks amazing! Looking at the pictures makes me long to build snowmen- I've been able to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, I'll bet that poor guy is still digging ;)

    Enjoy your day, those snowdays are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:16 PM

    Boy, you DID get some snow! Your snow makes my snow look like a baby.

    I hope you got that hot cocoa and writing. =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, you guys really got hammered!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow, cocoa, book, and laptop--I'm jealous!! I hope you and your daughter had a lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I feel for that poor guy! Nothing worse than being snowed in when you HAVE to go somewhere! Enjoy your time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics, and I hope you got loads of writing done. I seem to ahve found my second wind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is he still digging?

    It looks absolutely wonderful and I am so, so jealous. :o) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'll have a White Christmas !

    :-)

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melissa, I'm still getting the hang of this blogging thing, so bear with me please :) Hope you made lovely snow angels, I do love the snow as it just transforms the world for a while, but just make sure you're all wrapped and snuggled up. Yours, Paddy.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...