Thursday, April 04, 2013

Where I Write: 2013

Where do you write? Snuggled in bed with your laptop? A spare bedroom? An office all your own?

A few years ago, I did a blog carnival, asking my fellow writers to post pictures of where they write on their personal blogs. It was great fun to see everyone's writing spots. And I figured, why not do it again? For myself, my writing space has changed - I moved from an apartment to a house in 2011, and now I have an entire room dedicated to my writing. Since I write mostly World War II fiction and non-fiction, my room has the look and feel of the 1940s. I took great pains to get it just the way I wanted it, and I feel incredibly motivated and creative when I work there.

So! Here's the deal. The 2013 Where I Write Blog Carnival will be on May 1. All you have to do is blog about your writing spot (pictures are highly encouraged) and I'll link to all of the posts here at my blog on May 1. You don't have to blog specifically on May 1 - you may even want to use an old post you did of your writing spot. It doesn't matter. When you've got your blog post written, send me an email ( melissaamateis at earthlink dot net) with the link.

Deadline to submit links is April 29.

Spread the word!


10 comments:

  1. That is such a cool idea! I love when Entertainment Weekly used to post pictures of author's writing spaces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we get a lot of participants. It will be fun! (Hope you decide to join the party, too!).

      Delete
  2. Melissa, Recently, I "unfriended" someone in anger. A couple years ago, this person claimed to be thrilled to have found me again after so many years, but soon this person had so many friends on facebook that they totally ignored me, to the point of rudeness-and I got mad. After I cooled down and thought it over I was disgusted with myself. I haven't come all this way to suddenly act like I'm in high school again, but for me, it sums up what facebook has become. I've been spending a lot less time there too. I love my blog-and I love the blogs I read, and that's where I'm going to put my energy. I'll see you at the carnival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops, my friend-I meant for this comment to be on your latest post. It's been a long day...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, dear friend. And I think social media, while opening up the world to new friendships and connections, also has a very dark underbelly. We don't realize that there is a person behind the screen, one who has feelings and emotions. It's so much easier to be nastier when we're just typing the words instead of looking the person in the face. I wonder sometimes what this all bodes for society... I'm sorry you had to go through that. I've actually had some similar situations myself. It all boils down to who we want in our lives. And sometimes, friends from the past need to stay in the past. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm in! even though my writing space consists of only a chair! (no desk, no corkboards, no bookcases). So boring! But at least my picture will be notable for its lack of character!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:13 AM

    Thanks once again for inviting me to the carnival (such a lovely term to use.) I'm doing the same with my fellow historical novelists on my blog so both your followers and mine will get two bites at the same type of cherry. I so agree with what you say about the internet. Like all tools it can be used for good and evil.

    I'm impressed that you've made your writing space similar to the 1940's. I'm looking forward to seeing this.

    Martin Lake

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:17 AM

    Thanks once again for inviting me to join the carnival (such a lovely term to use.) I'm doing something similar on my blog with fellow historical novelists.

    I'm envious of your writing space, Melissa. What a great idea to set it up like the period you're writing about. I'm writing a novel set in Hampton Court but I haven't the money to emulate this in even the slightest fashion.

    Martin Lake
    martinlakewriting.worpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you're going to join us, Martin, and thanks for stopping by! Yeah, it's a little easier to emulate the 1940s than Hampton Court! LOL

      Delete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...