Thursday, December 06, 2012

When You Get Cold...

Winter is almost here. It officially begins on Dec. 21. The temps here have been in the high 50s and 60s, though that is due to change tonight. I'm hoping for snow.

When that snow comes, I will be very grateful that I'm not one of these fellows, standing at attention, in their kilts, to the King of England during a snow storm.

Brrrrrr!

The King inspects officers of 5th Battalion Seaforth Highlanders during a snow storm at Gorhambury Park in Hertfordshire, 29 February 1944.

6 comments:

  1. Brrr is right! I always say guys have it lucky in that they get to wear wool pants to formal occasions (well, they're lucky in the winter...) but those men are tougher than average, that's for sure!
    I'm ready for some more snow, too... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't had any snow here in Nebraska since FEBRUARY. I think that's a record. Bring on the snow!

      Delete
  2. I agree! Big time brrrrrrr! No way to hide a pair of long johns either;)

    Have a great weekend, Melissa!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how stoic they all are, though. :)

      Delete
  3. Anonymous12:15 PM

    At least a few of them have mustaches to protect the area below their noses.... :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...