Friday, November 12, 2010

Bliss

Yesterday, I spontaneously decided to take Friday off. We've been involved in a massive project at work and I was just worn out. Plus, my brain has been too full of "work-related" junk to focus on the novel. It was the right decision.

Today was absolutely lovely.

I slept in, had a leisurely breakfast, wrote a bit, then met my brother (who is visiting here with his family) for lunch, then came home, turned on the fireplace, lit the candles, turned on the classical music, and got to work on the novel.

Glorious.

It's been a nice, low-key day, exactly what I needed.

And I even have a bonus to end the day on: it's snowing! :-)

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you!

    I took yesterday off, but not because I wanted to. Home sick.

    Snowing already?! It feels like winter's barely begun here. I'm jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just the kind of day we all need once in a while. So glad you had such a lovely, relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long time. How've you been? Glad you took a day to yourself. I call them Kacey Days. Every once in awhile they are good for the soul, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow? You have snow? *stamps feet in jealous tantrum* :)

    Glad you had such a lovely relaxing day. We should all take days like that now and again.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...