Thursday, November 27, 2014

The Season of Joy

I always wait until the day after Thanksgiving to start thinking about Christmas. But when that Friday hits, all bets are off!

I've already got my decorations out of storage and ready to be put up. I'm also trying to decide which yummy cookie and candy recipes to try this year. And the music! Oh, how I love Christmas carols. I veer from The Nutcracker Suite to Big Band music to Bing Crosby. Modern carols don't do it for me - with the exception of Mary Did You Know, a song I just adore.

I'm not going to get stressed out over this holiday because it accomplishes nothing. Instead, I tend to relax and take it slow, enjoying every minute.

It's the most wonderful time of the year...here's to a happy holiday season!


3 comments:

  1. It's my favourite time of the year too. I've been playing carols on the piano and we'll be getting the decorations out in the next few days. Such a joyous and blessed time.
    I'm looking forward to hearing about the Christmas tree wars at yours ;) We have a new kitty this year, so I'm not sure how our tree will fare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, Christmas carols on the piano! I remember my mom doing that. It was always so lovely.

      Oh, the Christmas tree wars...they will be commencing soon. I told myself I have to finish writing my article and then I can decorate. That's motivation! :D

      Delete
  2. I love the old carols too... I copied all my favorite carols/songs from my parents' Christmas records one year onto tape, and then years later figured out how to transfer them to a digital format, and they are still one of my greatest Christmas treasures!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...