Monday, September 10, 2007

Mission Accomplished

It was exactly what I needed.

Lots of relaxing. Visiting with family. Eating good food. Watching my niece and nephew play volleyball and football, respectively. Flying kites. Listening to the breeze rustle the corn field. Gazing endlessly at the wide, impossibly blue sky. Laughing. Hugging. Cherishing.

There's something about going home that somehow makes everything right again in my life. It grounds me, makes me refocus on what really matters. I don't know if it's the slower pace (I swear, even the gas pumps move slower!) or just the fact that I'm surrounded by my loved ones that does this, but I know that when I need to regroup or find my balance, home is the place to do it.

I feel rejuvenated. Ready to tackle life again. The new job, the next novel, my health, and something new: I'm officially the family historian.

I have a cousin in Italy that I'll be contacting as soon as I can write a letter and get it sent via aerea (airmail) as the Italians call it. My great aunt was in touch with her a few years ago and a little sleuthing on the internet on my part showed that this particular family member is still at the same address. Now maybe I'll be able to put some pieces together for our family history. I'm really looking forward to it.

The long drive home also afforded me the opportunity to do a lot of thinking on the next novel, and before long I'll be able to start it. Can't wait.

So tell me. How have you been? I missed all of you and look forward to catching up with everyone!

4 comments:

  1. So happy you had a fab time Melissa - you deserved it! (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you feel rejuvenated! I get that way after spending time away from home - but my family is all within a few minutes of each other so its a little different.

    Things here have been busy. I'm revising, trying to finish the final draft for Sep 30th which is going to take a big push. Makes keeping up with the blogging a bit hard, but that's what work's for right??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:42 AM

    Glad you had a great trip and feel rejuvenated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had such a relaxing vacation :) Sounds pretty much ideal and exactly what you needed after all the stress this summer.

    Here, we're looking at moving in next week. Though now, apparently, without a sink in the ensuite as it's on back order. Oh well - could be worse!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...