Two graduations. One hour apart. Different towns. (I only made it to one).
Two receptions, different locations. (I made it to both).
And 10 total hours spent in the car driving.
On top of it all, my spring allergies kicked into high gear.
I'm worn out.
Milestones this weekend:
- My stepson graduated from high school. (I feel old).
- My niece graduated from high school. (Really old.)
- My daughter is officially a teenager. (Really, really old).
Things I learned this weekend:
- Even though you tell yourself you won't cry at the graduation ceremony, when your son comes to give you a rose and hugs you, you'll cry. Guaranteed.
- It's impossible to eat healthy as there are no healthy food choices offered. I ate pizza and a hot dog and cupcakes and cookies and pasta salad and then birthday cake last night!
- Sleeping in the car is incredibly difficult if you do not have a proper pillow.
- Letting hubby drive ensures you will get home faster (but will not always ensure the lack of a speeding ticket...).
- Too many events in one weekend makes for utter exhaustion
I survived, though, and all in all, it was a good weekend.
|My stepson and I at his graduation. There were only 10 people in his senior class!|