1) I have had a sinus headache/infection/want-to-chop-off-my-head pain for the past three weeks. The doctor thought I had an infection and gave me some antibiotics plus a prescription of Prednisone. I do not like steroids because of their weight-gaining side effects. I have enough trouble in that department, thank you very much, and I am attempting to get rid of the stupid infection by just using the antibiotics.
2) Which brings to mind another point that really irritated me about the doctor's office. I told her I was on methotrexate for my rheumatoid arthritis. Since my rheumatologist did not want to put me on Prednisone, I called him when I got home and told him about it. They said NOT to take my regular dose of methotrexate this week if I was going to take the Prednisone. WHY didn't my regular doctor tell me this? I would have been double-dosing myself with imuno-suppressants! Grrrr. This, dear friends, is why you must ALWAYS be pro-active with your health.
3) Speaking of health, I have dropped some weight due to my new eating plan. It's actually pretty easy - I don't have to eat any special foods or anything like that. I went to see a nutritionist and she has me on 140 carbs max a day. Each meal has to be balanced with a serving of grain, protein, fruit, veggies, and milk. Portion sizes are a must. It's pretty basic nutrition and it is working. I pack my lunch every day and I'm already back in a pair of jeans I haven't been able to wear for two years.
4) Tonight's fun activity will be a home viewing of Skyfall, the latest James Bond film. We went to see it in the theater and as I am a huge James Bond fan (and Daniel Craig fan), I bought the DVD when it came out this week. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it.
5) We're about to have a big change at my house. My mother is going to be staying with us while she searches for a job. It's going to be fun and challenging and interesting. However, the key to all this is communication - frequent, honest, and open - and lots of prayer. That's the only way to make this work.
|And I think I need to follow this mantra, too. Wise Yoda was, yes!|
6) I'm trying to finish my novel and have been attempting to write every night. I hope to get more done this weekend.
7) My daughter has a huge crush on the bass guitar player for the rock band, Shinedown. We are going to see them in concert in March. My daughter drew a picture of him and wanted to Tweet it to him. Since I gave up Twitter two months ago, I set up another account just so I could send that Tweet to him. Though I hope I don't get sucked into yet another social media website, it was totally worth it just to see her excitement over the possibility that her idol was going to see her drawing.
8) I'm not blogging very much lately. I think this is because a) I don't have much to say; b) I'm too busy with other social media stuff like Pinterest and Facebook. The blog has suffered as a result. Sorry.
9) For Valentine's Day, my husband asked me if I wanted flowers or dinner. I said dinner (because I very rarely eat out anymore due to my new eating habits). Yesterday, though, he surprised me by dedicating a song to me on Facebook. Since my hubby is quite the typical tough guy, this touched me much more than a bouquet of roses. I love being married to my best friend.
10) The weather can't decide what to do around here. Some days, we hit 52 degrees and only need a jacket. Then the next day, it plunges back into the 20s and snows. I am oddly looking forward to spring already.
11) Going to the library and picking out new books to read still gives me a thrill after all these years. I'm headed there over my lunch break and can't wait. I hope the thrill never goes away.
12) It's Friday. Hurrah!