Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veterans Day 2012

Remember them. 
Honor them. 
Never forget them.


  1. I had never heard of Veterans Day - thanks for sharing.
    In NZ and I imagine the rest of the British Commonwealth, November 11th is called Armistice Day. We observe a minutes silence at 11 am to remember the fallen and in Dunedin there is a military gun salute at our cenotaph followed by a fly over by an old WWII plane.
    In the past I have been on a rooftop car park directly under the fly over. A very moving event.
    "At the going down of the sun
    And in the morning,
    We will remember them."

    1. I think it was called Armistice Day here, too (will have to check on that), but it's just called Veterans Day now. And yes - we will never forget them. They are true heroes.

  2. This is one thing I love about you. You're patriotic and sincerely love this country. God bless.

    1. Aww, thanks, L.T. =D I do love this country, despite her many faults. Whenever I think of how we defeated the British during the Revolution and formed our own government, it literally makes me well up with pride. What an amazing thing our forefathers built.


I love to hear from you!