It's been awhile since I've done a randomness post, so here goes!
1. The pathology report came back from my hysterectomy and I'm happy to report it was negative. I'm in the clear! I'm so glad I got this taken care of when I did before it turned into something.
2. The day I got to drive again - after being restricted for two weeks - I also got to pay Uncle Sam. Gee, just what I wanted for my first outing: a trip to the post office to send money to the IRS.
3. Chocolate in moderation is unheard of lately. I don't know why, but it's the only thing I can't seem to get enough of. I really don't have much of an appetite and hardly eat except for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but hand me a bag of Dove Dark Chocolate and I devour more than a serving. Naughty, naughty.
4. I have to go back to work in two weeks. I am dreading it. I am so completely and utterly content being at home, writing (though I need to do more of that), being with my kitties, being able to pick my daughter up from school and be home with her, and just enjoying my house. I am a homebody at heart.
5. One day, I watched four movies in one afternoon: Casablanca, Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House, North by Northwest, and Suspicion. Three out of four of those star Cary Grant. All of them were made more than 50 years ago. Yes, I am also an old soul at heart.
6. I've been playing a LOT of games of Words with Friends on Facebook - it's pretty similar to Scrabble. Despite loving words and loving to make words, I tend to lose rather well to my kid brother. He has a knack for finding plays that don't necessarily create a lovely word, but do create a lot of points. I've had to learn to be more ruthless. When my mother, a fellow writer, and I play, however, we tend to make the long, lovely words and don't worry so much about the scoreboard.
7. Wearing jeans or anything with a firm waistband is a no-no right now. I tried on a pair of shorts yesterday and went to button them, and my belly screamed in protest. But my incisions are healing nicely, according to my doctor, and that's worth not being able to button my waistband!
8. It's amazing to me how the body heals itself, and further amazing that you can remove an organ and still survive just fine. With all the problems my uterus was giving me, I don't miss it. I also won't miss the monthly visits, if you know what I mean!
9. I'm trying to take my own advice and write my first draft with my heart instead of my head. To me, this means just getting the words on the page without worrying about the internal editor. Unfortunately, that internal editor has been particularly strong lately and I've had to fight it back. I'm still struggling and I need to just let it go. Working on that...
10. I've had some pity party moments lately. With this beautiful weather, everyone is wearing shorts and skimpy outfits and looking cute and trim. I feel like a blob. I tell myself I just had major surgery and then I eat more chocolate. Ha! Seriously, though, I can't wait to get back to regular exercise.
And last, but not least...
I've had this blog for over 10 years. But I'm finding that I go to it less and less. Maybe it's the death of blogging that broug...
We have a big snowstorm headed our way. Now usually these snowstorm predictions tend to be far grander than what actually happens - i.e. we ...
Yesterday I woke up in a fantastic mood. I felt pretty good (you never feel terrific when you have chronic illnesses) and I couldn't wai...