Wednesday, April 05, 2023

Covid Finally Came For Me!

 After last week's symposium, I was hit by quite the flare. But when I noticed other symptoms cropping up, I figured I should test myself. And wouldn't you know it: positive for Covid. 

I think I did pretty well evading it for the last three years, and even though it's been like a bad cold, I've had far worse colds, and far worse flares. So all in all, it hasn't been too terribly awful, but it's been miserable nevertheless. I was doing so well on the exercise front, too! That has been probably the most frustrating part about this - all that momentum I had, gone.

I've been doing a lot of resting and trying to stay away from my boyfriend and my daughter. Not easy to do, but we're trying. The boyfriend has been making grocery store runs for me and thankfully, I have enough Diet Pepsi and dark chocolate to see me through.

I've grown rather tired of watching television and laying in bed. Worse, I haven't been able to sink my teeth into a good book. I'm super picky in what I read, and if the writing is terrible, I have a difficult time connecting with the story. If the writing is good and the characters are frustrating me to no end, I'll put the book aside, too. In fact, I had to give up on a book by a big-name author which received rave reviews from numerous people for that very reason: the characters irritated me so much I couldn't stand it any longer.  And honestly, why spend time reading bad books? 

Tonight I had a burst of energy and used it to vacuum and clean up the kitchen a bit. It felt good to be doing something instead of just sitting around. But that burst of energy didn't last long, and now I'm back in bed, exhausted. Sleep doesn't come easily, and it's full of bad dreams and pain. I wake up in pain and can barely stand it. The problem is, I don't know what are Covid symptoms and what are fibromyalgia and ME/CFS symptoms! 

At any rate, I'm trying to be patient through this whole thing. I'm lucky that I'm able to go outside on our patio and enjoy the birds and wildlife. I've also been able to do a bit of writing here and there, so that's something!


2 comments:

  1. Get well soon! I'm glad you have the patio, at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Overall I'm better - the respiratory symptoms are pretty much gone. It's the body aches and fatigue that suck!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...