Thursday, February 16, 2023

Meandering My Way Through


 February is half over, thank goodness. Every day has brought something different. On Tuesday, I stayed in my recliner most of the day and watched a complete season of Shetland (six episodes) and didn't even care. Today, I managed to get on the treadmill and do some exercises, clean up the kitchen, and work on the synopsis for my last novel. 

Is this depression? I don't know. I've tried to just honor my impulses and not push myself to feel a certain way or do particular activities. If I feel like binge-watching an entire season of a show I love, I do it. If I want to get on the treadmill and rock out to some Depeche Mode, I do it.

This mood will lift. I trust that it will because that's what has happened in the past. That being said, it might be worth a visit with my therapist, a "check-in" to make sure I'm okay.

I have some wonderful things to look forward to. I booked a trip to Scotland in October for my daughter and me. It's been several years since I've been on an overseas trip, and since airline tickets were so cheap, I decided to go ahead and purchase them. I worry that my health will prevent me from going on future trips, so I wanted to do this now instead of later. I've never been to Scotland so this will definitely be an adventure!

Meanwhile, I'll keep living one day at a time because this, too, shall pass.


4 comments:

  1. Love the picture! And we love Scotland too. My sister lived there for a while, and we were married there and had half of our honeymoon touring the some of the western isles. Definitely worth looking forward to, and you won't be disappointed!

    Do you suffer from SAD? Might be worth looking into as well, if it happens every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually feel worse in the summer - I think I have the opposite kind of SAD - the kind where too much sun and light makes me feel worse! LOL. I really do think it's just this month. It gets me every year.

      Delete
  2. I love Scotland. It's one of hte places of my heart. I've spent a lot of time in Edinburgh, sometimes a month at a time, when I had shows there, and then visited between times. I also have spent a lot of time on the West Coast, at Culzean Castle, renting the Brewhouse Flat. I love renting from the National Trust, because you stay in historic properties and it's the same or cheaper than hotel rooms. And you get a sense of living there. Let me know when you're ready for a list of fun places; I'll write something up and send it, and then if something catches your fancy, it's there. October is a lovely time to be in Scotland, but the days are short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh! I didn't know you could stay at National Trust places! We want our "base" to be Edinburgh and we will take day trips to other places. I'd love a list of recommendations from you. Thank you so much!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...