Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Midweek Update

Though the week started out a bit slow for me health-wise, I finally felt well enough today to jump on the treadmill. As long as I have my music and I don't push myself too hard, I try and walk for 30-45 minutes or more. Some days are less, but that's the way it goes.

We bought a new puzzle board for our jigsaw puzzles. Previously I used a bulletin board to assemble the puzzle and plastic bowls or boxes to sort the pieces. I always had to put a blanket over it and store it under my bed to keep the cats (okay, ONE cat, Slick) off. This was an unruly set up as I would lose puzzle pieces and always end up with messes.

The new puzzle board is perfect. It comes with four drawers and a plastic cover to put over the work-in-progress puzzle. The only drawback is that it's pretty heavy, so I can't put it on my lap. Instead, it's now taken up permanent residence on the coffee table in the living room. Slick can lay on it to his heart's content (which he does) and not disturb the puzzle.




Last night, I didn't feel like writing on the novel. But I decided to open the Word doc and make a few small changes before I forgot about them, and then, voila! I ended up writing nearly 800 new words. Love it when that happens.

We had a storm today - lots of ice, rain, and a bit of snow - so it's been a good day to stay inside and work on the puzzle, watch a few movies, and yes, get some writing done.

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful puzzle cover/board. My sister works her puzzles on their dining room table (which isn't used to eat on, LOL) and has a plastic cover to keep the puzzle intact and safe from their two cats. Cats and puzzles! Yay for getting some treadmill time. Winter's so awkward for exercise here. The sidewalks/roads get so icy, the sun goes down so early, I can't get out for walks a lot of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'd much rather walk outside, but it's just too cold in the winter here. I honestly don't know why cats are SO fascinated with puzzles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butt in chair is half the battle. Once you show up, the words will come. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...